Our Guided ATV Tours will give both young and old a taste of modern outdoor adventure. ATV tours are available for all guests, ages 16 and older. Participants must have a valid driver’s license or learner's permit. We offer 1-hour
rides, along with longer 2-hour
rides for more experienced ATV riders.
The certified guides of East Zion Adventures will conduct all guided ATV tours at Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort. Our ATV's have the muscle to climb high hills and cross deep streambed's. ATV's are the US Postal Service of the Ranch-"come rain or shine." The worse the weather, the more the fun! ATV's are quite often the only vehicles that can make it to most areas of the ranch, despite heavy rain or snow. East Zion Adventures will provide all necessary gear, including: helmets, goggles, and gloves, to make the ATV rides an awesome experience in any type of weather. Your tour guide will take the time to explain all features of the ATV prior to beginning the ride. A beginners trail is required as the first ride to assess the guest's ability. Any guest that breaks ATV rules or displays reckless driving will be dismissed from further ATV rides.
Under Age 16:
We offer medium-sized ATV's for riders between ages 12-15 years, to be used on a closed circular track. Smaller ATV's are available for riders between ages 8-11. Also, there are golf carts that children under 8 years of age can drive while sitting on the lap of a parent.
ATV Riding in Zion National Park: Zion Park
is home to breathtaking scenery and some of the most rugged, mountainous terrain in the West. While ATV's (all-terrain vehicle/4-wheeler) riding is not allowed within Zion Park
there are thousands of acres of private property located on high plateaus overlooking the Park's famous canyons. ATV's are the modern, mechanized horses that offer a new brand of adventure and the ability to go places that are difficult for even horses!
- All ATV riders acknowledge that the activity is potentially dangerous and will hold East Zion Adventures and Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort harmless in the event of personal injury.
- All ATV riders must be at least 16 years old and must be able to show proof of age or a valid driver's license.
- Single riding only, multiple riders on one ATV is forbidden.
- All riders must wear a helmet at all times during the ride.
- Free riding without the tour guide is forbidden.
- All riders must follow the tour guide in a single file, staying back a safe distance from the rider in front of them.
- Riders must take the responsibility to become aware of the features of the ATV prior to the ride, including locations of brakes, throttle, and ignitions switch.
- Riders that do not follow the above rules will be required to stop the ATV tour and walk back to the resort. Riders who show reckless intent on ATV tours may also be forbidden from participating in other resort activities.
- ATV riders will also be liable for any damage to vehicles caused during their ride.
- ATV riders will be required to acknowledge their agreement and understanding to the above rules in riding prior to beginning the ride.
Zion Ponderosa offers damage insurance for $20.00 per person, per stay. This insurance is for damage caused by a customer to an ATV. If the rider chooses not to purchase the insurance and damages the ATV during an ATV tour, a $200.00 damage assessment fee will be charged automatically.