It’s Leap Year and that means one extra day to enjoy. Here are 29 ways to leap into a Zion adventure and make the most of Leap Day —and every day!
Leap on down the road with a hiking adventure:
1. Hike to Observation Point. Did you know you can reach this stunning vista—called Utah’s Best View by Backpacker magazine–right from Zion Ponderosa property?
2. Explore The Narrows: This 16-mile span of Virgin River is surrounded by sheer cliffs up to 2,000 feet in some places.
3. Riverside Walk: Looking for a more family-friendly hike? Stroll the Riverside Walk to the mouth of The Narrows.
4. Angel’s Landing is the most famous hike in Zion and features everything from strenuous switchbacks to breathtaking drop-offs. The summit offers a stunning 360-degree view of Zion National Park.
5. Emerald Pools is one of the most popular hikes in Zion, leading up to two different pools of water. Lovely waterfalls run during certain times of year.
6. Cable Mountain features remarkable views into Zion Canyon, and an interesting history to match.
7. Join a guided hike with East Zion Adventures and experience the beauty of Zion’s landscape on foot.
Leap into a Unique Utah Adventure:
8. Scenic helicopter flight with overlooks of Zion National Park
9. Zion Ponderosa and AdventureWomen join forces for a thrilling women’s outdoor adventure experience bordering Zion National Park. (Learn more and book this epic adventure here.)
10. We don’t recommend leaping into a slot canyon, but we do recommend the once-in-a-lifetime experience of canyoneering with an East Zion Adventures expert guide.
11. Experience the rugged back roads, spectacular canyons, overlooks and scenic backcountry with a Zion Ponderosa Jeep tour. Sit back and enjoy the thrill-ride in one of our custom, open air, off-road cruisers as your expert guide drives you through epic scenery.
12. Sled down a massive sand dune at nearby Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park. Wheeeee!
Leap into a new experience:
13. Fly across the grounds of Zion Ponderosa on our zip line, one of the most popular activity with guests of all ages at Zion Ponderosa
14. Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort has the only man-made, indoor/outdoor, climbing and rappelling wall in the Zion area. The walls rise over 40 feet high and provide a unique experience for guests of all ages and abilities.
15. Leap onto horseback like the early pioneers who hired Native American guides to tour them through the Zion Park. More than a century later, Zion National Park remains home to some of the most scenic horseback riding tours and trails in the Western United States.
Leap into exploration:
On foot or by car, explore some of the most scenic beauty in southern Utah.
16. Zion National Park’s scenic drive
17. Zion Canyon
18. The Subway, one of Zion’s most beautiful slot canyon hikes
19. Kolob Arch in the remote Kolob Canyon section of Zion National Park
Leap into fun:
20. Paintball, anyone? Our 5-acre, outdoor paintball course has plenty of natural foliage as well as man-made obstacles to sneak up on your opponents. We provide coveralls, masks, markers, and paint.
21. Snowshoe right out the front door of your Zion Ridge vacation home—the perfect activity for winter guests.
Leap into relaxation:
22. Enjoy some personal yoga or meditation on the eastern edge of Zion.
23. Enjoy stargazing in Zion’s clear night skies, unfettered by city lights.
24. Cool off in our two-tiered swimming pool or relax in the hot tub after a long day of excitement and exploration.
Leap into something delicious:
Great homestyle food is the perfect way to end a day of adventure. Our on-site restaurant serves up a family-friendly atmosphere and hearty food. Dig into one of these mouthwatering meals…so good, each one is an experience in itself!
25. Rotisserie chicken dinner
26. Fried ice cream dessert
27. Delicious Ponderosa burger and fries
28. Want to add a little adventure to your dinner? Listen to the creak of the horse-drawn wagon and breathe in the smell of leather, sage and pine as you roll along the dusty trail on your way to a hearty wagon ride and Dutch oven dinner surrounded by the beauty of Zion.
Leap into the perfect Zion getaway:
29. Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort’s 4,000-acre on the edge of Zion National Park has everything you need for the perfect Zion experience.Whether it’s a weekend away with friends, a romantic getaway, a week-long family vacation, or a large family reunion, we have your perfect lodging, everything from cabins, glamping and tent camping to luxury mountain vacation homes. On-site dining, amenities and activities, guided adventures and more–make this the year you leap into a Zion adventure!