If you’re trying to get the most bang for your travel buck, there’s no better price tag than free. And if you’re traveling around to see America’s national parks this year, you’re in luck, because the National Park Service is offering 10 free admission days in 2017.
About 120 of the 400+ national public lands and monuments throughout the U.S. typically charge a regular admission fee, which helps key projects like maintaining parks, protecting resources, and improving the visitor experience. By offering certain free admission days throughout the year, the Department of the Interior provides a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy the great outdoors, while being immersed in scenic beauty and rich cultural history.
Start planning your visit to U.S. national parks, forests and other public lands and monuments around these fee-free dates in 2017:
· January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
· February 20: Presidents Day
· April 15-15: National Park Week Weekend
· April 22-23: National Park Week Weekend
· June 10: National Get Outdoors Day
· August 25: National Park Service Birthday
· September 30: National Public Lands Day
· October 8: National Wildlife Refuge Week
· November 11-12: Veteran’s Day Weekend
If you’re a frequent national park visitor, or want to get out and see more of our nation’s spectacular public lands, there are several ways to enjoy free or reduced admission costs throughout the year.
· $80 America the Beautiful annual pass (available to general public)
· $10 Lifetime Senior Pass ($80, effective August 28, 2017)
· FREE Every Kid In A Park 4th grade annual pass
· FREE Annual Pass for U.S. Military
· FREE Access Pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities
· FREE volunteer pass for volunteers with 250 service hours with participating federal agencies
Save even more while visiting Zion by creating your own Zion Ponderosa vacation package. Choose any lodging type, add a dining plan plus recreation vouchers. Check here for seasonal specials such as book two nights in a vacation home and get the third night free, or glamping weekday specials!