Cooler temperatures and colorful autumn leaves are on their way to Zion. We’re welcoming fall with 20 things to do around Zion. Pick and choose your favorites to create your own fall bucket list.
1. Drive the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. You’ll see southern Utah fall color at its best.
2. Go on a hike to see the fall colors. Lesser-known trails like Watchman Trail, Cable Mountain and Taylor Creek in Kolob Canyon offer spectacular scenery this time of year.
3, Explore popular trails. With cooler weather and school back in session, trails like Angels Landing will be much less crowded than during summer’s peak.
4, Take a Zion Sunset Jeep tour! The cooler fall weather brings fun events that go along with the changing of the season. This is a rugged, fast-paced, thrill-ride to killer views!
5. UTV tour to a slot canyon. Another thrilling ride, this time in a custom off-road UTV to Crimson Canyon. Once at the mouth of this private-access-only slot canyon, the hike begins into red canyon walls soaring over 100-feet high on either side. Book now.
6. Tell scary stories around a campfire. (Or just make s’mores and enjoy the cozy fire on a cool fall night.)
7. Stargaze. Zion has some of the clearest night skies in the country! Check with our recreation desk about seasonal stargazing tours.
8. Spend the night under the stars. Our glamping tents and Conestoga wagons are a unique camping experience on the plateau above Zion National Park.
9. Plan a family reunion. Instead of spending your time spread out in hotel rooms, gather under one roof in a luxury Zion vacation home.
10. Thanksgiving dinner. Gather the whole family around Ray’s table for a bountiful buffet.
11. Hike through the autumn leaves. Hit the trails to Cable Mountain or Observation Point across Zion Ponderosa’s 4,000 forested acres. It’s a great way to work off the Halloween candy and Thanksgiving desserts – AND skip the 2,000-foot incline from Zion Canyon!
12. Go trail running across Zion Ponderosa’s 4,000 private acres.
13. White Mountain horseback ride is an experience like no other. This one-hour tour combines two of Southern Utah’s most popular activities: exploring scenic slot canyons and horseback riding.
14. Guided canyoneering in Zion area slot canyons is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Falls cooler temperatures make it even more pleasant.
15. Climbing wall is great practice for canyoneering, for those new to the adventure.
16. Give zip-lining a whirl. Take in the beautiful autumn colors of Zion’s east plateau as you zip across Zion Ponderosa.
17. Mini golf. Everyone can enjoy a round of mini golf. Our course features mini rock formations and waterfalls like you’ll find all around the Zion region.
18. Add a little adventure to your downtime with a fun virtual reality experience! Choose from Soaring over Southern Utah or Montezuma’s Treasure Ride. The teens will love it!
19. Horseback riding. Listen to the autumn leaves crunch softly as you clip-clop on horseback along the quiet, beautiful trails. We have a variety of East Zion Adventures guided horseback tours to choose from.
20. Round out that Zion bucket list with a custom adventure package. A little bit of adventure goes a long way in your memory book. Zion Ponderosa’s seasonal vacation packages include great deals on lodging, adventure and more!
Check out Zion Ponderosa’s seasonal vacation packages here.