Cooler temperatures and colorful autumn leaves are on their way to Zion. We’re welcoming fall with 20 things to do around Zion. Pick and choose your favorites to create your own fall bucket list.
1. Drive the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. You’ll see southern Utah fall color at it’s best.
2. Go on a hike to see the fall colors. Lesser-known trails like Watchman Trail, Cable Mountain and Taylor Creek in Kolob Canyon offer spectacular scenery this time of year.
3, Explore popular trails. With cooler weather and school back in session, trails like Angels Landing will be much less crowded than during summer’s peak.
4, Take a SPOOKTACULAR Jeep tour! The cooler fall weather brings fun events that go along with the changing of the season. This one’s a thriller!
5. Go for a haunted ATV trail ride past the “haunted” Jolly house to Jolly Gulch. If scary fun isn’t your thing, we have plenty of other ATV trail options and guided tours.
6. Tell scary stories around a campfire. (Or just make s’mores and enjoy the cozy fire on a cool fall night.)
7. Stargaze. Zion has some of the clearest night skies in the country!
8. Sleep under the stars in a Conestoga Wagon – just like the pioneers, but with modern amenities.
9. Plan a family reunion. Instead of spending your time spread out in hotel rooms, gather under one roof in a luxury Zion vacation home.
10. Thanksgiving dinner. Gather the whole family around Ray’s table for a bountiful buffet.
11. Hike through the autumn leaves. Hit the trails to Cable Mountain or Observation Point across Zion Ponderosa’s 4,000 forested acres. It’s a great way to work off the Halloween candy and Thanksgiving desserts – AND skip the 2,000-foot incline from Zion Canyon!
12. Go trail running across Zion Ponderosa’s 4,000 private acres.
13. Mountain biking in Zion is an experience like no other. We invite you to explore our single-track and double-track mountain biking trails with gorgeous views to Zion National Park.
14. Guided canyoneering in Zion area slot canyons is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Falls cooler temperatures make it even more pleasant.
15. Climbing wall is great practice for canyoneering, for those new to the adventure.
16. Give zip-lining a whirl. Take in the beautiful autumn colors of Zion’s east plateau as you zip across Zion Ponderosa.
17. Mini golf. Everyone can enjoy a round of mini golf. Our course features mini rock formations and waterfalls like you’ll find all around the Zion region.
18. Women’s Adventure Retreat. A little bit of adventure goes a long way in your memory book. Zion Ponderosa’s annual fall Women’s Retreat is designed around once-in-a-lifetime adventures.
19. Horseback riding. Listen to the autumn leaves crunch softly as you clip-clop on horseback along the quiet, beautiful trails.
20. Morning yoga and sunset yoga experiences offer a way to start the day rejuvenated, or unwind after a long day in the car or after hiking and exploring Zion. Treat your body, mind and spirit and get ready for an experience you will not forget.
For help planning your Zion fall vacation, click here.